Morrone del Sannio, Province of Campobasso, Molise
- Altitude: 840 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 800 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Patron Saint: St. Modesto on 2 October.
A very beautiful tradition is repeated on the first Sunday in May when the statue of Mary is carried in a procession to the parish church of Morrone, and the second in October when it is carried back to the chapel in Casalpiano, in a symbolic seasonal migration parallel to the migration of shepherds to Apulia.
What to see
- Villa romana
- The Ruins of the Badia of Casalpiano, built on 12th century, destroyed by the terrible earthquake of 1456.
- Convent of San Nazzaro, built in the 15th century, with a beautiful cloister
- The church of Santa Maria Maggiore, 18th century.