Mafalda, Province of Campobasso, Molise
A place of large emigration, especially towards the Argentinian province of Mar del Plata, where there is today a very active association of Mafaldesi. There is still the ancient tradition of tombolo lace among the elderly women of the place.
- Altitude: 459 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly, along the coastline
- Population: about 1500 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0875
- Patron Saint: St. Valentino, celebrated on 17 September.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Recorded in the 12th century with the name of Trespaldum, was in the course of the centuries under the Piscielli, Caracciolo and finally Coppola families.
What to see
- Sanctuary of the Virgin Mary, on the Teglia Mountain.
- The Palazzo Iuliani
- The church of Sant'Andrea.