Castelbottaccio, Province of Campobasso, Molise
- Altitude: 618 m a.s.l.
- Population: about 500 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Patron Saint: St. Oto, a local saint of the Frangipani family, celebrated on 31 July.
Then in 1569 it passed to the Piscicelli family, and their creditors auctioned the fiefdom, which was obtained by Giambattista Ferri in 1655. In 1725 the lord was Domenico Cardone, originary of Atessa in Abruzzo, and his grandson Francesco Cardone married in 1781 Donna Olimpia Frangipane, daughter of the Duke of Mirabello, a very interesting figure who established around herself a court of artists and liberal thinkers, among them Vincenzo Cuoco from Civitacampomarano, Vincenzo Ricciardi from Palata, Costantino Le Maitre from Lupara, Giuseppe and Vincenzo Sanchez from Montefalcone, Nicola Bichisao, Domenico Di Gennaro and Scipione Vincelli from Casacalenda, Giovanni Belpusi from San Martino, Nicola Neri from Acquaviva Collecroce, Andrea Valiante from Jelsi and the Duke of Canzano.
What to see
- Santa Maria delle Grazie, where the tradition say the body of Sant'Ottone was buried. Dating back to the year 1178, as can be read in an inscription in the stone, contains a fine statue of San Giuseppe by Giovannitti from Oratino and another of the Vergine delle Grazie.
- Santa Giusta, a small chapel in the countryside, with a precious painting showing the "Madonna del Carmelo", by Arnaldo De Lisio.