Campolieto, Province of Campobasso, Molise
The first mention of the village is in the Catalogue of the Barons of Borrello, in the early 11th century, and Rainaldo Borrello was among its first feudal Lord; in the 15th century it became part of the Countdom of Montagano, then was ruled by the Di Capua and Carafa families.
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 1000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Frazioni & Localities: Contrada Stazione, Monte, Taverna Clemente, Taverna del Tratturo.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The church of San Michele Arcangelo, built at the top of a wide flight of steps, with a baroque facade and the inside divided into 3 aisles by stone columns
- A very ancient stone crucifix in Vico Castello, where Christ is sided by Mary and two angels on the two sides of the cross.