Campodipietra, Province of Campobasso, Molise
It was built on a rocky spur around the church of San Martino, which rises in the place of the ancient barons' castle, by a colony of German soldiers following Federico Lo Zoppo in the 13th century.
- Altitude: 504 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 2100 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Frazioni & Localities:
Aia della Noce, Montevergine, San Giovanni Cerreto, Soglioni, Testara.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Events and Festivities
- 19 march, the tavolata of San Giuseppe, a banquet with 14 courses.
- San Michele (11-15 August).
What to see
- The church of San Martino in the Borgo della Porta, hosting a fine 18th century painting of the Immacolata by Paolo Gamba.
- The original borough, completely surrounded by walls, where only three gates opened.
- The small church of San Bonaventura, connected to a peculiar story: the inhabitants gathered there in 1705 to vote which should be their patron saint between San Bernardino from Siena and San Martino, and the latter was chosen.