Busso, Province of Campobasso, Molise
- Altitude: 756 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 1400 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Frazioni & Localities: Calcarella.
A legend is connected to the event: a Roman youth had fallen in love with a Samnite girl, who left the city door open at night to go and meet her lover, but the Roman legions were ready to take advantage and she was killed in the attack; on learning of her death, also the young Roman killed himself - and the whispers of the two lovers seeking each other can still be heard among the trees of the Vairano forest.
What to see
- Palazzo Ducale
- The church of Santa Maria del Carmine, dated 15th century, reconstructed in 1828.
- The church of San Lorenzo (the patron saint), destroyed in the 1805 earthquake and rebuilt in 1822, hosting fine paintings of the Neapolitan school.