Sefro, Province of Macerata, Marche
The territory of the commune includes the valley of the Scarsito stream and the surrounding mountains. For centuries the local economy was based on the natural resources of timber and sheep raising, but more recently trout breeding has been established in the Scarsito area and tourism has been steadily growing.
- Altitude: 502 m a.s.l
- Population: about 400 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 62030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0737
- Patron Saint: the Assumption, celebrated on 15th August
- Frazioni & Localities: Agolla
- GPS Coordinates: 43°9'N 12°57°0'E
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The picturesque Scurosa valley, full of streams and century-old beech trees, a trekking paradise
- The Montelago plateau, created in the 15th century from the drainage of a marshy lake initiated by the Da Varano, lords di Camerino.
- The Museo delle Antichità, in a hall of the Rocca dei Varano.
Events and Festivities
- around 15th August, the Trout Festival.