Ripe San Ginesio, Province of Macerata, Marche
The small commune belongs to the Monti Azzurri area, located 20 km south west of the province capital Macerata.
- Altitude: 430 m a.s.l
- Population: about 700 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 62020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0733
- Patron Saint: St. Michele Arcangelo, celebrated on 8th May
- GPS Coordinates: 43°23'N, 13°5'E
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The Pinacoteca Comunale, a collection of over 300 contemporary art works, established in 1982 to preserve the works donated each year by the artists taking part each year to the Ripearte exhibition; among them works by Umberto Peschi, Giorgio Bompadre, Renato Parisani, Wladimiro Tulli, Fulvio Ligi, Angelo Casciello.
Events and Festivities
- Christmas time, exhibitions of cribs from various regions of Italy, and a living crib in costume through the streets of the historical center (usually on 25th December and 6th January).