Gagliole, Province of Macerata, Marche
Situated between the area valley of the Potenza River and the Appennines.
- Altitude: 484 m a.s.l
- Population: about 600 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 62020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0737
- Patron Saint: St. Michele, celebrated on 8th May
- Frazioni & Localities: Acquosi, Celeano, Castellano, Casetre, Cerqueto, Collaiello, Selvalagli
- GPS Coordinates: 43°14'0"N 13°4'0"E
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
The area was inhabited in pre-historic times as shown by findings in Colle Marte. In the Middle Ages the population concentrated around the Abbey of San Lenone, in the hamlet of Selvalagli.
What to see
- The curch of Santa Maria della Pieve in Selvalagli, a 12th century Romanesque construction, preserving a fine 16th-century fresco of the Virgin with Child.