Fiordimonte, Province of Macerata, Marche
A mountain commune formed of a number of very small hamlets with town hall at Castello, it is included in the Monti Sibillini National Park in the upper valley of the Fornace river and occupies three valleys called Valle Alfi, Valle Senza and Valle di Macereto.
- Altitude: 569 m a.s.l
- Population: about 200 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 62030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0737
- Patron Saint: St. Gregorio, celebrated on 30th January
- Frazioni & Localities: Alfi, Arciano, Castello, Marzoli, Nemi, Petrignano, Taro, Valle, Vico di Sopra, Vico di Sotto, Villanova di Sopra, Villanova di Sotto
- GPS Coordinates: 43°2'0"N - 13°5'0"E
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Already existing in pre-Roman times, as shown by an inscription in Picenian characters placed on a public fountain in the hamlet of Taro.
What to see
- In Castello, the ruins and a gate of the ancient medieval village, and in the parish church a huge 15th-century fresco of the Crucifixion ascribed to Girolamo di Giovanni.
- in the parish church at Alfi, a tryptich by Nobile da Lucca dated 1513.
- In Nemi, the church of Santa Maria Assunta preserving 15th-century frescoes by Paolo da Visso, as well as a painting by Giovanni Boccati of Camerino (about 1420 - Perugia, 1480).