Arcevia, Province of Ancona, Marche
Rising on a hilltop that dominates the whole upper valley of the Misa River, has an interesting medieval borough, city walls and the ruins of an ancient castle.
- Altitude: 553 m a.s.l
- Population: about 5,200 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 60011
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0731
- Useful Links: a map of Arcevia
What to see
- The Parish Church of San Medardo, hosting a number of precious warts of arts, such as Jesus' Baptism painted by Luca Signorelli, an enameled terracotta piece by Luca della Robbia, dated 1513, a wooden choir in the gothic style of the 15th century.
- The church of Santa Maria, in the Baroque style, with an Annunciation of the Robbia school
- The church of San Francesco, built in the 14th century, with attached cloister, and a fine Romanesque portal
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook