- Altitude: 87 m a.s.l
- Population: about 42,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 26900
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0371
- Patron Saint: Saint Bassiano (319-409) its first bishop, celebrated on January 19
- Frazioni & Localities: Bottedo, Calvelzano, Comella, Fontana, Gissara, Isola Maggiore, Lodolina, Martinetta, Mozzanica, Olmo, Paderno, Pesalupo, Polledra, Portadore Alto, Riolo, San Grato, Tre Cascine, Vigadore.
- GPS Coordinates: 45°19'N 9°30'E
Provinces of Lombardy
History - Antiquity and the Middle Ages
A free Comune around 1000, it fiercely resisted the Milanese, who destroyed it on April 24, 1158. Frederick Barbarossa re-built it on its current location. Starting from 1220, the inhabitants of Lodi spent decades in constructing a superb system of miles of artificial rivers and canals (called Consorzio di Muzza) in order to give water to the countryside, turning arid areas into one of the still main agricultural areas in Lombardy.
History - Modern Times
- Official Website of the Comune of Lodi.