Capodimonte, Province of Viterbo, Lazio
Rising on a short lava promontory along the Southern coast of Lake Bolsena, the borough is dominated by the 16th century Farnese Castle.
- Altitude: 334 m a.s.l
- Population: about 1700 inhabitants in 2012
- Zip/postal code: 01010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0761
- Patron Saint: St. Sebastiano, celebrated on 20 January.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The Farnese Castle, built on an 8-sided plan and surrounded by walls, by architect Antonio da Sangallo the Young.
- The church of Maria SS. Assunta, with a painting by the Tiepolo school.
- Along Via S. Sebastiano, no. 3, a prehistoric canoe found in the lake.
- 15 august, the "Luminata di San Rocco" a boat procession on the lake by night.
- 14 may, the "Barabbata" an ancient rite when peasants and fishermen give offers to the "Madonna del Monte".