Frascati, Province of Roma, Lazio
Frascati is situated south-east of the city of Rome, in the area of the Castelli Romani, and close to the ancient city of Tusculum. The town has a number of notable villas since it was a popular retreat for Romans during the summer months. Earth Observation missions of the European Space Agency are based in Frascati, as is a major high energy physics laboratory, the Laboratorio Nazionale di Frascati.
- Population: about 19,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 00044
- Dialing Area Code: +39 06
What to see
- The Basilian monastery of Grottaferrata
- The basilica Cathedral of St. Peter Apostle
- Villa Torlonia
- Villa Mondragone.
Where to stay
- Hotels: 4-stars | 3-stars | 2-stars
- Agritourisms | Bed & Breakfasts | Holiday Homes & other Lodgings.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook