Pescosolido, Province of Frosinone, Lazio
The word Pescosolido means "solid rock" and derives etymologically for the ancient Italic word "pesclum" (=rock), with reference to the high, steep mountains in the territory.
- Altitude: 630m a.s.l
- Population: about 1500 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 03030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0776
- Patron Saint: St. Giovanni
- How to reach it: by road, A1 (Milano-Napoli) exit Frosinone.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
In the Middle Ages it was a fortified medieval town with four doors and a Palace, residence of the Boncompagni Dukes. The earthquakes of 1653 and 1915 brought so much destruction that the ancient medieval area was almost wiped away.
What to see
- The church of Saints Giovanni Battista ed Evangelista
- Monument to San Pio da Pietrelcina
- Monument to the Madonna delle Grazie
- The Chiarenzo spring, with healthy, therapeutical waters.