Filettino, Province of Frosinone, Lazio
This small center is located in the Park of the Simbruini mountains, between mount Viglio and mount Cotento, and is the highest municipality in the Lazio region.
- Altitude: 1075m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 550 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 03010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0775
- Patron Saint: St. Bernardino da Siena
- How to reach it: A1 (Milano-Napoli) exit Anagni.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
The landscape is picturesque, with its rich woods and the Pertuso lake, rich in trout. An 1866 fountain is fed with water springing from the Aniene river. Nowadays tourism is a flourishing activity thanks also to the skiing facilities of Campo Staffi, a favorite destination for mountain lovers in winter.
What to see
- Chiesa di S. Nicola
- Chiesa di Santa Maria Assunta
- Chiesa di S. Bernardino da Siena
- Casa natale del Maresciallo Rodolfo Graziani
- Fonte dell'Acqua Santa
- Grotta della neve e dei saltari
- Parco regionale "Monti Simbruini"
- Cippi confinari Stato Pontificio e Regno delle due Sicilie.