Falvaterra, Province of Frosinone, Lazio
Overlooking the valley of the Sacco river from a crest in the Musoni mountains, this charming village offers a peaceful atmosphere, excellent wine, oil and many types of cheese, ricotta and other dairy products, thanks to the great fertility of the land.
- Altitude: 279m a.s.l
- Population: about 600 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 03020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0775
- Patron Saint: St. Sosio Martire
- How to reach it: A1 (Milano-Napoli) exit Ceprano.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
The village was founded in Lombard times, when to escape from the invaders the inhabitants of the roman town of Fabrateria Nova went into hiding on the mountain tops, keeping the original name from "Fabra" (land of blacksmiths) and "Trerus" (the ancient name of the Sacco river).
What to see
- Chapel of San Rocco
- Sanctuary of San Sosio Martire with abeautiful park around
- Chapel of Santa Maria Maggiore
- Monument to San Paolo della Croce
- The ancient castle
- The boundary landmark stones between the Church State and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.