Collepardo, Province of Frosinone, Lazio
The territory of Collepardo is a complex landscape deeply marked by the abundance of water, which created the typical Karst features. The caves of Collepardo are called "Grotte dei bambocci" for the strange forms of stalactites and stalagmites (similar to puppets). Pozzo d'Antullo (or Santullo) is a rare, almost unique karst doline, 50m deep and 140m large, around which many strange legends are told.
- Altitude: m a.s.l
- Population: about 850 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 03010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0775
- How to reach it: A1 (Milano-Napoli) exit Cassino.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- Sanctuary of Cese
- The Certosa di Trisulti one of the most picturesque monasteries in central Italy
- The Abbey of Domenico
- The abbey of San Nicola
- "Flora Ernica" botanical gardens
- The Pozzo d'Antullo
- The Grottos of Collepardo.