Casalattico, Province of Frosinone, Lazio
The center is divided into two parts: the ancient, lower settlement with narrow and irregular lanes and the higher, newer town with a modern aspect. From the nearby village of Montattico beautiful excursions are possible into the nearby mountains of Obachelle (a collapsed cave) and Marro.
- Altitude: 420m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 650 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 03030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0776
- Patron Saint: St. Barbato
- How to reach it: A1 (Milano-Napoli) exit Cassino.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
It was named after Pomponius Atticus, afriend and brother in law of the latin writer and orator Marcus Tullius Cicero. In Roman times it was owned by the "gens Pomponia" and only in 1305 it started to be known as Casale Attico.
What to see
- The church of San Barbato
- The church of Madonna del Camello
- The medieval Tower
- The Castle in Montattico
- The "pietra scritta" (of Roman times)
- Campo del Popolo (at 1,000 m)
- Monte Siara.