Campoli Appennino, Province of Frosinone, Lazio
The village rises in an enchanting scenery on the slopes of the Apennines, in the National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise, along the edge of a natural precipice, called "tomolo", a typical karst funnel doline. The main product in the area is truffle, that grows naturally in the woods.
- Altitude: 650 m a.s.l
- Population: about 1700 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 03030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0776
- Patron Saint: St. Pancrazio martire, celebrated on 12 May
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The medieval centre, with the imposing tower, the boundary walls and old dwellings.
- Remains of a roman villa, with an interesting black and white mosaic decorated with two leaping fish.
- In the Carpello area stands a very well preserved water mill and the ruins of a guard tower.
- The Capod'acqua spring, which suddenly disappears andthe doline pits "Micciola", "Majura" and "Three Wells".