Ausonia, Province of Frosinone, Lazio
Ausonia rises in the Aurunci mountains. Surrounded by wonderful olive trees, the houses are in grey stones and their gardens terraced. It depended on the Abbey of Montecassino with the ancient name "Castrum Fractae" which it kept until 1862, when it became Ausonia.
- Altitude: 178m a.s.l
- Population: about 2500 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 03040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0776
- Patron Saint: St. Michele Arcangelo.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The church of the Madonna of Correano
- The church of San Michele Arcangelo
- Sanctuary of Madonna del Piano
- The medieval castle
- The church of Santa Maria a Castello (today an Auditorium)
- Pinewood at Selva Cava.