Carlino, Province of Udine, Friuli‑Venezia Giulia
The small town is a renowned agricultural centre. Though very few historical documents mention the place, a number of items found in the surrounding countryside show that the settlement had ancient origins.
- Altitude: 5 m a.s.l
- Population: about 2,800 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 33050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0431
- Frazioni & Localities: Maranutto, San Gervasio
- Patron Saint: St. Tommaso, celebrated on 21 December
What to see
- The parish church of San Tommaso Apostolo, built in the 18th century on a previous more ancient church, hosting a fine painting, "Anime Purganti" by Michelangelo Grigoletti.
- The small church of San Gervasio, built in 1764, with a painting by Antonio Fantini.
Where to stay
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook