Caneva, Province of Pordenone, Friuli‑Venezia Giulia
The small town is situated on the border of a large forest.
- Altitude: 57 m a.s.l
- Population: about 6500 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 33070
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0434
- Frazioni & Localities: Fiaschetti, Fratta, Sarone, Stevenà
- Patron Saint: St. Tommaso Apostolo, celebrated on 3 July.
In 1419 Caneva was under the control of the Venice Republic (the Serenissima) then in 1429 it was joined to the jurisdiction of Sacile, but in 1449 had its independent administration again. Under the Hasburg dominion there was a widespread development of the territory and education.
What to see
- The church of San Tommaso.
Where to stay
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook