Riccione, Province of Rimini, Emilia‑Romagna
- Altitude: 12 m a.s.l
- Population: about 34,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 47838
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0541
- Patron Saint: St. Martino, celebrated on 11th November
- Frazioni & Localities: Abissinia, Alba, Centro, Colombarina, Fontanelle, Il Villaggio, San Lorenzo in Strada, Spontricciolo
- GPS Coordinates: 44°N 12°39"E
Provinces of Emilia-Romagna
Tourist development began in the late 19th century, and also Benito Mussolini in 1934 bought a villa here, where he spent his holidays with the family for 10 years. In the 1930's there were already over 80 hotels, and after WW2 the resort became a favorite summer destination of VIP's as soccer champion Pelè, Mina, Ugo Tognazzi, Vittorio De Sica, Gina Lollobrigida and more.
What to see
- The Oltremare park, Via Ascoli Piceno 6, a fantasy theme adventure park with a great many different animal environments
- The Beach Village aquapark, on the seafront boulevard Viale D'Annunzio, 150
- The IMAX entertainment centre
- The Aquafan, Via Pistoia
- Riccione Terme, the spa establishment, Viale Torino 4
- Indiana Golf, Via Torino 30, the largest adventure-golf theme park in Italy.
- Italia in Miniatura, Via Popilia, 239, Viserba, the unique theme park with hundreds of perfect reproductions of monuments
- Fiabilandia, Via Cardano, 15, at Rivazzurra Rimini a magical entertainment park for children and families
- Le Navi, Piazzale delle Nazioni, 1, Cattolica, among the most beautiful aquariums in Italy
- The large Atlantica Aquapark, Piazza Marco Polo, 4, at Cesenatico.
Where to stay
- Official Website of the Comune of Riccione.