Cervia, Province of Ravenna, Emilia‑Romagna
Situated along the Adriatic Riviera, 20 km south of Ravenna, the commune is privilefed with a 10km-long stretch of wide, sandy beach and shallow sea bottom, with the tourist resorts of Milano Marittima, Pinarella and Tagliata.
- Altitude: 3 m a.s.l
- Population: about 27,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 48015, 48016, 48010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0544
- Patron Saint: St. Paterniano, celebrated on 13th November
- Frazioni & Localities: Cannuzzo, Castiglione di Cervia, Milano Marittima, Montaletto, Pinarella, Pisignano, Savio, Tagliata, Terme, Villa Inferno
- GPS Coordinates: 44.15.N - 12.22.E
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Provinces of Emilia-Romagna
How to reach it
- by road: state road SS16 or Adriatica connects to Ravenna and Rimini. Motorway A14 Bologna-Ancona, exit Cesena;
- by train, Cervia station is along the Ferrara-Rimini line, with many trains during the week;
- by air, the nearest airposrts are Rimini Miramare, Forlì or Bologna Borgo Panigale 105 km away, which offers daily connections to the main European airports.
What to see
- Milano Marittima, founded in the early 20th century by a Milanese company, nowadays a favourite destination of high-end clientele, with a great many luxury villas and hotels.
- Pinarella, a borough of Cervia, with its fine seafront pinewood rich of paths and fitness itineraries.
- Tagliata, the southernmost borough of the commune, with a thick seafront pinewood.
- At Pisignano, the ancient church of Santo Stefano, founded in 977 AD,preserving inside frescoes ascribed to Luca Longhi from Ravenna (1507-1580).
Events and Festivities
- Yearly tennis tournament Vip Master.