Casamarciano, Province of Napoli, Campania
- Altitude: 70 m a.s.l
- Population: about 3200 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 80032
- Dialing Area Code: +39 081
- Frazioni & Localities: Schiava, Trivio
- Patron Saint: Pope Clemens, celebrated on 23rd November.
History - Antiquity
History - the Middle Ages
The village originally consisted of four settlements: Cola, Marciano, Curti and Vriana. Later on Casamarciano was one of the sixteen "casali" (Saviano, Sant'Erasmo, Sirico, San Paolo, Cimitile, Camposano, Cumignano, Casamarciano, Faibano, Gallo, Livardi, Liveri, Risigliano, Vignola, Tuffino e Scaravito) of Nola.
History - Modern Times
What to see
- The church of Santa Maria and Badia Virginiana, founded between 1136 and 1158 as a dependance of the monastery of Montevergine.