Bacoli, Province of Napoli, Campania
- Population: about 26,000 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 80070
- Dialing Area Code: +39 081
- Demonym: bacolesi
- Patron Saint: St. Anna, celebrated on 26 July
- Frazioni & Localities: Baia, Capo Miseno, Cappella, Cuma (parte), Faro, Fusaro, Miliscola, Miseno, Scalandrone, Torregaveta.
Baiae was also the location for a spectacular stunt in AD 37 by Caligula, who on becoming Emperor ordered a temporary floating bridge to be built using ships as pontoons, stretching for over two miles from the town of Baiae to the neighboring port of Puteoli (Pozzuoli), across which he proceeded to ride his horse,to challenge an astrologer's prediction that he had "no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae".
What to see
- Agrippina's Sepulchre , a Roman monument that traditionally was considered to be the tomb of Nero's mother, but was most probably the "odeion" of a Villa.
- The Cento Camerelle, water cisterns belonging to a Roman Villa of Republican times.
- The Piscina Mirabilis, among the biggest Roman water reservoir structures, could store 12,600 cubic meters, situated on a promontory facing Capo Miseno.
- The archeological park including villas, spas and the Roman port.