Aversa, Province of Caserta, Campania
Situated in the fertile plain north of Naples and densely populated, it was founded by the Normans as their first Countdom in 1038. The medieval center has typical narrow alleys, dominated by the profile of Cathedral.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 39 m a.s.l
- Population: about 52,700 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 81031
- Dialing Area Code: +39 081
- Demonym: aversani
- Patron Saint: San Paolo - Madonna di Casaluce, celebrated on 25 January
- Frazioni & Località: Ponte Mezzotta
What to see
- The Cathedral of San Paolo, reconstructed in the 18th century but still preserving parts of the ancient Norman building. Such as the eight-sided tiburium supported by four columns, and inside the 11th century chancel with three apses and walkway, vaults, bas-reliefs and statues of the 10th century.