Airola, Province of Benevento, Campania
Situated at the foot of the Tairano mount, it is a picturesque borough built around the remains of the medieval castle on the hill of Monteoliveto, against the background of the Taburno, rich of buildings of remarkable historical and architectural interest.
- Altitude: 272 m a.s.l
- Population: about 8300 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 82011
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0824
- Demonym: airolani
- Patron Saint: San Giorgio Martire, celebrated on 23 April
- Frazioni & Località: Rione Tavernola.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The church of S.S. Annunziata with facade by Luigi Vanvitelli (1754).
Events and Festivities
- Thursdays, market day
- The Patron Saint San Giorgio Martire on 23 April.
- The traditional procession on Holy Friday
- San Pasquale Baylon in May
- The Santissima Addolorata in September.