Zungoli, Province of Avellino, Campania
- Altitude: 657 m a.s.l
- Population: about 1070 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 83030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0825
- Patron Saint: St. Anna celebrated on 26 July
- Frazioni & Localities: Casette, San Cesareo, Taverna.
History - Antiquity
History - the Middle Ages and Modern Times
The fief, owned by the Angevins, was given by Carlo I Anjou to Enrico of Valmontone. Then the estate passed into the hands of the de Gianvilla who kept it until 1331. Then, following the death of Erarda de Gianvilla, it passed to her husband Filippo Siginulfo, and later the fiefdom became the property of Raimondo del Balzo. From the 16th century onwards, after the interlude of Consalvo da Cordova, the place, under the name of "Casale of Baronia Vico", was the property of Francesco Loffredo and his heirs until the abolition of feudalism in 1806.
What to see
- The Castle, originally a defensive watch tower and today an aristocratic dwelling, overlooks the center from above.