Teora, Province of Avellino, Campania
- Altitude: 660 m a.s.l
- Population: about 1500 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 83056
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0827
- Demonym: teoresi
- Patron Saint: St. Nicola of Mira celebrated on 6 December
- Frazioni & Localities: Fiumicello.
In 1322, one Filippo is mentioned as lord of Teora; in 1376 the fiefdom was acquired by Count Giacomo Arcuccio and later passed to the Gesualdo family. From 1676 Teora belonged to the Mirelli princes until the abolition of feudalism in 1806. Over the centuries the place was hit by several earthquakes, in 1694, 1732 and recently in 1980 by the devastating Irpinia earthquake.
What to see
- The Fontana del Piano, one of the very few contructions spared in the earthquake, has a beautiful decoration with a bull, three hills and three stars.