Summonte, Province of Avellino, Campania
- Altitude: 738 m a.s.l
- Population: about 1,500 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 8310
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0825
- Demonym: summontesi
- Patron Saint: St. Nicola di Bari celebrated on 6 December
- Frazioni & Localities: Embriciera, Starze, Cappella.
During the Norman period it was a fiefdom of the Malerba family, who enjoyed the esteem and protection of the rulers of the time; a member of this family, Robeno, was appointed "Giustiziere" of Calabria by Frederick II of Swabia. The Malerba were followed by the Della Leonessa family, then there were the Spinelli, the Albertini up to the Doria, who were feudal lords of Summonte for over two hundred years until the suppression of feudalism in 1806.
- During Carnival, the representation of the "Canzone di Zeza", an ancient carnival farce that has its origins in the "commedia dell'arte" and even more backward in the Latin "atellana".
- The "Sagra della Castagna" (=chestnut festival), in October.
- S. Nicola, distribution of blessed bread