Santo Stefano del Sole, Province of Avellino, Campania
The name of the village derives from its exposure to sunlight, and its beauty is enhanced by the astounding background of Monte Sant'Angelo (995 meters).
Very picturesque is the old center, with ancient narrow alleys, elegant palaces and typical mediaeval houses.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 547 m a.s.l
- Population: about 2100 inhabitants in 2028
- Zip/postal code: 83050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0825
- Patron Saint: Santo Stefano
- Frazioni & Localities: Boschi, Macchie, San Pietro all'Olio, Sozze di Sopra, Sozze di Sotto, Toppolo.
Its origin are medieval, and the feudal families who followed in the lordship over the place were the Capece, the Galeota, the Gesualdo, the De Sangro and the Zamagna.
What to see
- The parish church, located in the panoramic square of the ancient center
- The Chiesa dell'Immacolata, which dates back to the 17th century.