Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, Province of Avellino, Campania
- Altitude: 870 m a.s.l
- Population: about 4100 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 83054
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0827
- How to reach it: Autostrada Napoli - Bari, exit Grottaminarda; proceed along the S.S. 425
- Demonym: santangiolesi
- Patron Saint: St. Michele Arcangelo celebrated on 29 September.
Sant'Angelo was one of the places most affected by the 1980 earthquake, with the highest number of victims, 482. The four "symbol" places were the hospital with the collapse of an entire wing, the Japicca palace which housed 25 families and in its ground floor a local (Bar Corrado), with dozens of people watching a football on TV, the recreational club, and the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie that housed about thirty little orphans.
What to see
- The Benedictine Abbey of San Guglielmo al Goleto: the most interesting medieval monument in Irpinia, whose construction began in the 12th century, and one of the most powerful monasteries in Southern Italy, second in the area only to Montevergine.
- The Lombard Castle, built in the early 12th century.
- The Cathedral, originally 11th century, rebuilt in the 16th century in the Renaissance style.