San Michele di Serino, Province of Avellino, Campania
- Altitude: 364 m a.s.l
- Population: about 2490 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 83020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0825
- Demonym: sammichelesi
- Patron Saint: St. Michele Arcangelo celebrated on 29 September.
For many centuries the hamlet belonged to the Serpico fiefdom. Later, during the feudal domination of the Noble Nuns of San Giorgio San Michele suffered two huge disasters, the plague of 1656, which caused 588 deaths, reducing its population to one fifth, and the earthquake of 1732, which caused 25 deaths and the total destruction of the inhabited center, almost an ominous anticipation of the earthquake that destroyed it again in 1980.
What to see
- The parish church, which dates back to the 18th century, in whose locals a model that faithfully reflects the old town before the 1980 earthquake is kept.
- The Mariconda Palace of the 18th century, one of the very few monuments to survive the 1980 earthquake.
- The Chapel of Santa Maria delle Grazie.