Quindici, Province of Avellino, Campania
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 1900 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 83020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 081
- Demonym: quindicesi
- Patron Saint: SSanta Maria delle Grazie celebrated on 8 September
- Frazioni & Localities: Beato, Bosagro.
What to see
- The church of the Madonna delle Grazie, Built in the 15th century and restored in the 18th, with a Baroque façade, preserves a wooden statue of the 9th century of the Virgin with the Child, eight paintings of the 18th-century Neapolitan school by Giacinto Diana and Francesco Solimena, a carved pulpit of the same era, a reliquary of the late Nolan school of the 18th century.
- The "Puoi", in Piazza Municipio, large squared blocks of travertine, coming from funerary monuments of the late Roman age.
- The historical center, with two fine palaces, Palazzo Pezzuti (19th century), and Palazzo Santavilla (18th century).
- The Museum of Sacred Art, next to the church of the Madonna delle Grazie, houses 17th-century sacred furnishings, items in gold, silver and bronze of the 18th century, archaeological findings, manuscripts and books from the 17th century and tools from the rural civilization.
Where to stay
The most splendid period of Quindici's history was during the Renaissance when twenty churches were built. It is known that Quindici, along the centuries, gave the people of Amalfi the timberwood to build their ships.
On 5 May 1998 the municipality was hit, together with the nearby centers of Sarno, Bracigliano and Siano, by a massive mud landslide, known as Frana di Sarno, which affected half of the municipal territory; the event caused destruction of homes and a dozen victims in Quindici.