Quadrelle, Province of Avellino, Campania
This medieval town is located on the eastern side of the Baianese valley, in a lovely landscape of woods and fields where nuts, olives and fruit are grown.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 1800 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 83020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 081
- Demonym: quadrellesi
- Patron Saint: san Giovanni Battista celebrated on 24 June.
Genealogy & Links
Quadrelle was a fiefdom of the Scillato family and later part of the Abbey of Montevergine. In the 16th century it was governed by the Casa dell'Annunziata of Naples. It was hometown to authors Andrea Matteis and Beniamino Masucci.
What to see
- The Palazzo Baronale with a beautiful garden
- The church of the SS. Annunziata (17th century) restored later, with an important stone altar.