Moschiano, Province of Avellino, Campania
Located in the Vallo di Lauro at the head of the charming valley that starts from Avellino and goes towards Nola, Moschiano is surrounded by beautiful woods.
The economy is based on production of timber as well as the wine grapes renowned for their excellence. The municipality is part of the mountain community Partenio-Vallo di Lauro and the Union of Municipalities "Antico Clanis".
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 276 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 1600 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 83020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 081
- Patron Saint: Madonna della Carità celebrated on the Monday after Pentecost, San Bartolomeo, celebrated in the first week in August
- Frazioni & Localities: Santa Cristina.
What to see
- The church of St. Sebastiano along the main road, is dated 1592 as written on the Portal.
- The Historical Centre with narrow roads and the decorated stone portals.
- The church of the Arciconfraternita dell'Immacolata, 18th century
- The church of Santa Maria Incoronata
- The sanctuary of the Madonna della Carità, 15th century.
- The Estate Moschianese in August
- The Chestnut Festival on the last Sunday in October.