Chiusano di San Domenico, Province of Avellino, Campania
Chiusano di San Domenico is located on the west side of the Tuoro Mountain, over the Avellino Valley, in one of the most interesting wine-producing areas of the Campania region, with vineyards of the best quality.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 700 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 2200 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 83040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0825
- Demonym: chiusanesi
- Patron Saint: St. Michele Arcangelo, celebrated on 8 May
- Frazioni & Localities: Acqualemma.
What to see
- The ruins of the Castle, on top of the Mountain of San Domenico, overlooking the valley.
- The Carafa Palace.
- The church of Santa Maria degli Angeli.
- The church of Confraternita del Rosario.