Cairano, Province of Avellino, Campania
Cairano is situated on the top of a hill on the left side of the Ofanto river, near Sella di Conza, an important road since pre-historic times, and a natural passage connecting the Ofanto Valley to the Sele Valley and communicating the Adriatic and Thyrrenian shores. This strategic position explains the many archeological findings. Today it is a quiet agricultural town, renowned for its wine and genuine products.
- Altitude: 770 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 300 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 83040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0827
- How to reach it: Autostrada Napoli - Bari, exit Lacedonia, then proceed for 40 km
- Patron Saint: St. Leone Magno, celebrated on 10 November.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Genealogy & Links
Where to stay
What to see
- The ruins of the Castle, which originally belonged to Cimadoro Lords
- The church of San Martino, with fine stucco works, dating back to the 16th century.