Sant'Agata del Bianco, Province of Reggio Calabria, Calabria
It was the birthplace in 1924 of writer Saverio Strati, author of "Miti, Racconti e Leggende di Calabria" a seminal collection of legends and stories typical of the Calabrese cultural heritage, as well as novels and dramas on the emigrant experience and poor people's lives.
- Altitude: 405 m a.s.l
- Population: about 590 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 89030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0964
- Patron saint: Sant'Agata, celebrated on 5 February.
What to see
- The palace of Baron Ignazio Franco, with a fine 15th century portal.
- A sulphurous water spring in contrada Schimizzi.