Roccaforte del Greco, Calabria
Situated 65 km from the province capital, near the southern Ionian coast along the Amendolea fiumara (a "fiumara" is a typical water feature of southern italy, with a wide, pebble bed, torrent-like in autumn and winter, usually dry for the rest of the year), Roccaforte is included in the Aspromonte National Park. It is locally called Vunì, and belongs to a Greek-speaking area in Calabria, which explains part of the name ("del Greco") and the Hellenic origin of a number of surnames.
- Altitude: 971 m a.s.l
- Population: about 430 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 89060
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0965
- Demonym: roccafortisciani
- Patron Saint: St. Rocco, celebrated on 16 August
- Frazioni & Località: Ghorio di Roccaforte.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook