Aieta, Province of Cosenza, Calabria
The municipal territory is all included in the Pollino National Park; although only 12 km from the Tyrrhenian Sea, its traditions and cuisine are more typical of mountain areas. Aieta is included among the "Borghi più Belli d'Italia".
- Altitude: 524 m a.s.l
- Population: about 800 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 87020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0985
- Patron Saint: St. Vito, celebrated on 15th June
- Frazioni & Localities: Massadita, Villaggio Primo Maggio
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The historic center, dominated by the baronial palace, a rare example of Renaissance architecture in Calabria, with churches and palaces of significant historical interest.