Moliterno, Province of Potenza, Basilicata
An agricultural town and tourist resort, Moliterno stands on a rocky promontory overlooking the valley of the Agri river.
- Population: about 4900 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 85047
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0975
- Frazioni: Cantarelle, Chiaito, Fontana d'Eboli, Madonna del Carmine, Malfitani, Pantanelle, Paradiso, Piani di Maglia, Rimindiello, Tempa del Conte, San Nicola, Santo Martino, San Giovanni, Sorgituro, Spineta
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Provinces of Basilicata
Matera | Potenza
What to see
- The medieval castle, built by the Normans.
- The church of the Rosario, built for the Dominican monastery.
- The church of Santa Croce, which preserves a Baroque altar and a 17th-century wooden Crucifix.