Villarosa di Martinsicuro, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
A hamlet of the Comune of Martinsicuro, situated to the south of the main town, north of Alba Adriatica, not far from the border with neighbouring Marche, Villa Rosa has had a remarkable development in the last few years, thanks to the many tourist facilities and the fine beach. On the northern border of Abruzzo, a few km from the important harbor of San Benedetto del Tronto, Villa Rosa di Martinsicuro lies south of the mouth of the Tronto river. The position allows to choose dozens of beautiful itineraries in the hinterland of Abruzzo or in the nearby province of Ascoli Piceno.
- Altitude: 6 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 46 km
- Postal code: 64010 Villa Rosa di Martinsicuro
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
- How to reach it: by motorway, A14 exit San Benedetto del Tronto (then south) or Alba Adriatica (and proceed to the north); by road, S.S.n. 16 Adriatica.
Follow us on Facebook
The territory was inhabited since Neolithic times, it was a town of the Liburni, a pre-Roman Italic population under the name of Trunetum, later called Castrum Truentum under the Romans, when it aquired strategic importance for the whole area.
What to see
- The massive Tower of Charles V, along the Tronto, built in the XVI century as many other sighting posts along the Adriatic as a defence against Saracen raids. In the facade there is the heraldric emblem of Emperor Charles V, with the two-headed Hapsburg eagle.