Pineto, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
Beautiful seaside resort with a high, 2-km-long pinewood just behind the beach, and in the North the typical profile of Torre di Cerrano, where it is possible to practise scuba diving.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 5 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 40 km
- Population: ca. 12000 inhabitants
- Postal code: 64025
- Dialing Area Code: +39 085
- Frazioni: Scerne, Borgo Santa Maria, Colle Morino, Croce Ferretti, Mutignano, Torre Cerrano, Torre San Rocco
- How to reach it: by motorway, A14 uscita Pineto; by road, S.S. 16 Adriatica
Its name comes from the pine forest planted on the coast in the twenties by Luigi Corrado Filiani. The country began to develop in the last century, following the construction of street Maritime and Railway. Just over sixty years ago Pineto became a commune, and included the previous commune of Mutignano.
What to See
- The Torre di Cerrano, a sighting post built in the XVI century by Charles V.
- Atri, a few kms away in the hinterland.
- The church of San Silvestro Papa, at nearby Mutignano, with a precious Andre Di Litio painting showing episodes of St. Sylvester's life.
Where to stay
Events and Festivities
- 10-11-12 August: Patron's feast at Scerne
- 18 August: Feast of San Gabriele (at Corfù)
- 21 January: Feast of S. Agnes.