Notaresco, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
On a hill in the centre of the Vomano Valley, famous for the remarkable church of San Clemente al Vomano, Notaresco is nowadays a lively modern little town, a few km away from the Adriatic Sea.
- Altitude: 267 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 22 km
- Population: ca. 6500 inhabitants
- How to reach it: by motorway, A14 exit Roseto degli Abruzzi; by road, S.N. 150 from Roseto degli Abruzzi.
Follow us on Facebook
Tombs of the VI century A.D. show that the village already existed in the early centuries of the Christian era. The ancient medieval settlement was typically built according to the custom of houses-city walls: the walls of the village houses are joined together and with very high, narrow windows. From the XIV to the XVIII century the centre was under the Acquavivas.
What to see
- The church of San Rocco, with a XVI-century terracotta representing the Virgin Mary
- The church of San Clemente al Vomano: This beautiful early-medieval church goes back to the IX century. A later restructuring took place in 1108 (the year is inscribed to the portal). Another important restoration took place in the XX century. The church is divided into 3 aisles, and the altar is peculiary decorated with insertion of colored stones. Above the altar a precius unique ciborium can be admired, the work of Roberto di Ruggero.
Events and Festivities
- Easter Monday: Feast of Maria Corredentrice
- 1-15 August: International Tournament of "Bocce"
- 19 September: Feast of San Gennaro.