Mosciano Sant'Angelo, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
This busy centre lies in a wonderfully panoramic position, and is renowned for its traditions and furniture industries.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 227 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 24 km
- Population: ca. 2500 inhabitants
- How to reach it: by motorway, A14 exit Giulianova; by road, S.S.N. 80 from Teramo.
Existing since the IX century, Mosciano was completely surrounded by walls and, in the late Middle Ages, was a lively commercial commune. It belonged to the Acquavivas.
What to see
- The ancient walls, with the fine six-sided tower, where the entrance to the citadel opened
- The Castle of Montone, a few km away
- The Town Hall Tower, all made in brickwork
- The Monastery of the Sette Santi Fratelli
- The church of Sant'Antonio, at nearby Montone.
Events and Festivities
- July: "Gnocchi" and Abruzzese Cuisine Festival.