Montefino, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
Named after the river Fino, which flows below the hill where this small centre rises, when the previous name of Montesecco was discarded.
- Altitude: 352 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 38 km
- Population: ca. 1300 inhabitants
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
- How to reach it: by road, S.N. 81 from Teramo or Penne.
Follow us on Facebook
The first information on this centre date back to the late Middle Ages, when it was a fortified citadel, a guarding post over the Fino river valley. Later on it belonged to the Acquavivas.
What to see
- The remains of the medieval walls.
- The church of St. Giacomo, with its high belltower.
Events and Festivities
- Holy Friday: Representation of the Passion
- 16 July: Feast of the Madonna del Carmine
- First Sunday in September: Feast of the Madonna delle Grazie.
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames presently recorded in Montefino
- People researching in Montefino
- Newspaper articles on Montefino.