Crognaleto, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
The commune of Crognaleto, situated in a high position at the foot of the Gran Sasso, comprises many small centres, such as Tottea, Piano Roseto, Cesacastina, Piano Vomano, Nerito, Frattoli, San Giorgio.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 1100 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 35 km
- Population: ca. 1800 inhabitants
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
What to see
- The church of Santa Caterina of the XVI century.
- The church of San Salvatore, dating back to the early XIV century.
- The church of Santi Pietro e Paolo at nearby Cesacastina, built on clay rocks.
- The church of Sant'Andrea, at nearby Cervaro, with XIV-century wooden ceiling and frescoes.
- The church of San Giovanni Battista, at nearby Frattoli, dating back to the early XIV century, with 17th-century wooden altars and frescoes.
Events and Festivities
- Early July: Sagra del formaggio pecorino at Tottea.
Where to stay
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames presently recorded in Crognaleto
- People researching in Crognaleto
- Newspaper articles on Crognaleto.