Crognaleto, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
The commune of Crognaleto, situated in a high position at the foot of the Gran Sasso, comprises many small centres, such as Tottea, Piano Roseto, Cesacastina, Piano Vomano, Nerito, Frattoli, San Giorgio.
- Altitude: 1100 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 35 km
- Population: ca. 1800 inhabitants
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
Follow us on Facebook
What to see
- The church of Santa Caterina of the XVI century.
- The church of San Salvatore, dating back to the early XIV century.
- The church of Santi Pietro e Paolo at nearby Cesacastina, built on clay rocks.
- The church of Sant'Andrea, at nearby Cervaro, with XIV-century wooden ceiling and frescoes.
- The church of San Giovanni Battista, at nearby Frattoli, dating back to the early XIV century, with 17th-century wooden altars and frescoes.
Events and Festivities
- Early July: Sagra del formaggio pecorino at Tottea.
Where to stay
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames presently recorded in Crognaleto
- People researching in Crognaleto
- Newspaper articles on Crognaleto.